various vegetables

various vegetables

Friday, August 6, 2010

Improving your diet!

Look in every woman's magizine at the checkout at your local grocery store.  What is one thing that they have in common?  "Try this new diet, lose 20 lbs quick!"  The focus in our society has been on weight loss and the constant struggle to have the perfect body.  It took me getting breast cancer to realize that the focus on weight was not the important issue.  What we eat is just as or more important than how much!  When shopping for a few items at my area natural food store I was surprised to see a number of people who I recognized from the chemo treatment room.  Why is it that we wait until we have a health crisis to chose to eat healthier?  Since being in remission for the past year, I have researched nutrition extensively.  I have decided to share what I have learned with everyone.  My opinion is that a complete change of eating habits is almost impossible to accomplish.  I feel that adding nutritious food to our existing meals and gradually exchanging them for less healthier foods is the best way to improve your health.  In this blog I will explain a new food every week and explain why you should add it to your diet.  I will share recipes using these foods and other ideas! 

1 comment:

  1. Very Cool! I'm so excited & cannot wait to read your posts every week! I am also wanting to slowly change my families diet to more real foods. I'm finding out that it's very hard with teenagers!

    ReplyDelete